We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 30th Sep, 2020.
Data we collect
We collect the following information:
- username & password (required)
- email address & email preferences (required)
- country / timezone (required)
- ip address & user agent (required)
- profile description / forum signature (optional)
- social media account information (optional)
- demographic information such as interests (optional)
- answers to polls, surveys and questionnaire (optional)
- comments, posts and forum topics (optional)
- liked comments/posts/articles (optional)
What we do with the data we gather
We use this data to understand your needs as a user and provide you with a better, personalised service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests or location.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new content, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have opted into receive them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect.
Cookies are small bits of data stored by your device which are sent back to our server whenever you view a page, typically it’s an identifier so we know who is viewing the page and can display user-specific information such as your username or perform an action on your behalf such as posting a comment.
Without cookies we wouldn’t be able to identify your account and you wouldn’t be able to interact with the page. Different cookies are used for different purposes, often they are purely functional or performance based, for example, so we can see how many unique users are visiting the website. Cookies can also be used to provide targeted advertisements, or tailored advertising based on sites you’ve visited before.
We respect your privacy therefore you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You can choose your cookie settings at any time using the following dialog:
Ad Services we use
We use other companies under agreements with us to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Services. These companies collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Services and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. In addition, we share with these third parties any personal information you voluntarily provide, such as an email address, in response to an advertisement or sponsored content link.
In order to serve offers and advertisements that may be of interest to our users, we display targeted advertisements on the Services, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content, based on information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by third parties that they have independently collected.
Links to other websites
Our website will contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Don’t enter information you do not wish to share with us
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for newsletter purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] or by updating your account preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 / General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Removing your data
If you wish to delete your account, simply visit the account page (whilst logged in), click ‘Delete Account’ and follow the instructions. Your account, and all the data related to your account, will be deleted from our website within 24 hours. Your residual data may exist within our backup systems for up to 14 days.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, please contact us by filling in our online contact form.