As the sun sets, the spotlights shine brightly into the sky, beckoning racers new and old to assemble at Utopia Coliseum. The flash of cameras illuminates a velvet red carpet, marble floors, and cars decked out in their finest Black Market Decals. Welcome to Season 7 after last season’s animated theme.
…Well, actually the season starts June 15, but our Very Important Players will get a sneak peek at what’s to come. A glamorous Rocket Pass will bring a touch of class to your garage, while new Tournament Rewards add a bit of fun. Arenas get a makeover as well, with the new Utopia Coliseum (Gilded) variant. A couple of special features will come to the game later in the season, so make sure to stay till the end!
SEASON 7 ROCKET PASS
DIVE INTO A SWANKY SEASON 7 ROCKET PASS, FEATURING 70+ TIERS OF UNIQUE REWARDS!
The Season 7 Rocket Pass will give players a taste of the finer things in life. Dine on succulent Sushi Roller Wheels while you enjoy the illustrious atmosphere of the animated Aquarium Player Banner. Need an outfit for the occasion? Dress for success with the diamond-laden Carat Cutter Wheels and Gatsby-Esque Marble Floor Decal while showing off your new Kinda Big Deal Player Title.
Tired of missing open nets? Well, now you can pay someone to make those shots for you! Introducing Maestro, the ritziest car on the block. Dripping with panache, this stately sedan looks right at home cruising through Beverly Hills or carefully aiming redirects with its Dominus Hitbox.
EVERYONE CAN EARN FREE REWARDS INCLUDING:
- FAT STACKS TOPPER
- BARBERSHOP WHEELS
- DENIM PAINT FINISH
REACH TIER 70 AND BEYOND TO START UNLOCKING ITEMS FROM THE PRO TIERS. GET PAINTED VERSIONS OF SELECT ROCKET PASS ITEMS AND TRADE THEM WITH FRIENDS! NEW GOLD PAINTED ITEMS WILL BE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY IN PRO TIERS
The best players deserve the best rewards, that’s why Season 7 is introducing Golden Painted Items. These super rare showpieces can be found in Rocket Pass Pro Tiers, which occur once you’ve reached tier 70. Some of these flashy rewards will require players to reach Tiers as high as 150!
Aurora borealis at this time of year? No, that’s just the new Utopia Coliseum (Gilded) Arena! With glorious pillars and marbled floors, this is the perfect place to host your next event, as long as that event is Soccar.
Not everything needs to be elegant, though. Take a break from the glitz and glamour to earn new Tournament Rewards! Get old-school with the arcade cabinet-themed Got Next Player Banner, or feel the burn with the flaming Nunya: Roasted Wheels. Fortunate players might even unlock the Black Market Dunker Goal Explosion, a burst of glazed donuts that are guaranteed to start a sugar rush!
Finally, test your fortune with the Select Favorites 2 Series which will begin dropping as Blueprints on June 16, the day after the season begins. Enjoy hand-picked classics including the Dueling Dragons Goal Explosion, hypnotic Zomba Wheels, and the galactic Interstellar Decal.
COMING UP NEXT
Feel like you’ve reached your skill peak? No need to worry; the upcoming Custom Training Pack Updates will have you reaching levels of cracked-ness never seen before! More details are on their way next week.
Lastly, clear your schedules for this year’s Summer Anniversary LTE celebrating 7 years of Rocket League. Players will have to wait a bit to hear more, but it’s guaranteed to be a showstopper!
Season 6 Competitive Rewards
- Season 6 Competitive has ended. Season Reward Items and Titles will be awarded for your highest Rank achieved during the season, and successful completion of the appropriate Season Reward Levels.
- Season 6 Rewards are non-tradable Universal DecalsBronze I or higher – Season 6 – Bronze Decal
- Silver I or higher – Season 6 – Silver Decal + lower Decal
- Gold I or higher – Season 6 – Gold Decal + lower Decals
- Platinum I or higher – Season 6 – Platinum Decal + lower Decals
- Diamond I or higher – Season 6 – Diamond Decal + lower Decals
- Champion I or higher – Season 6 – Champion Decal + lower Decals
- Grand Champion I – Season 6 – Grand Champion Decal + lower Decals
- Supersonic Legend – Season 6 – Supersonic Legend Decal + lower Decals
- Grand Champion Titles (in Crimson text)Competitive Grand Champion: “S6 GRAND CHAMPION”
- Rumble Grand Champion: “S6 RNG CHAMP”
- Hoops Grand Champion: “S6 DUNK MASTER”
- Snow Day Grand Champion: “S6 BLIZZARD WIZARD”
- Dropshot Grand Champion: “S6 FLOOR DESTROYER”
- Supersonic Legend Titles (in Titanium White text)Competitive: “S6 SUPERSONIC LEGEND”
- Rumble: “S6 RNGENIUS”
- Hoops: “S6 LEGENDARY BALLER”
- Snow Day: “S6 ICE TITAN”
- Dropshot: “S6 TILE ANNIHILATOR”
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Custom Training Updates
- Read more about the changes to Custom Training here
- You can now complete shots in a training pack in any order you want
- Training pack progress is now included in game save data
- You can reset progress on any training pack (see Pause Menu changes below)
- New controls:
- Next and Previous Shot: Freely swap between shots in a training pack
- Select Shot: Press and hold will bring up a new drop-down menu that allows you to pick which shot in the pack you want to practice
- Shuffle Shots: Randomize the shot order (press again to reset to the original order)
- Shot Mirroring: Flip a shot to the opposing side of the arena. Mirroring works on all Arenas currently available in Custom Training
- To view and change Custom Training controls:
- Load into a Custom Training pack
- Go to Settings -> Controls -> View/Change Bindings
- Scroll to the very bottom, and you will see the new inputs right below controls for Knockout
- ‘History’ tab has been added to the Custom Training Menu
- New options have been added to the Custom Training Pause Menu
- Reset Progress
- End Training
- End Training screen: From here, you can jump back into the pack, change to a different game mode, change the training pack, or go back to the main menu.
- This screen will appear the first time you complete every shot in a training pack, and any time you complete all of the shots in a pack after resetting progress
- This screen won’t automatically appear if you are using a training pack that has already been completed if its progress hasn’t been reset
New Arena Variant
- The new ‘Utopia Coliseum (Gilded)’ Arena can be found in Online Playlists
‘Select Favorites 2’ Blueprint Series
- Blueprint items from the ‘Select Favorites 2’ Series will begin dropping on 6/16 at 9 a.m. PDT / 4 p.m. UTC
- The ‘Shine Through’ Bundle is available for free in the Item Shop at 9 a.m. PDT today through 7/12/2022
- ‘Sequin’ Paint Finish
- ‘Tiara: Multichrome’ Topper
- ‘Trixie Mattel – Hello, Hello’ Player Anthem
- ‘Adore Delano – I Adore U’ Player Anthem
- ‘Conchita Wurst – Rise Like a Phoenix’ Player Anthem
- ‘Todrick Hall – Lover Boy’ Player Anthem
- Sort by Paints: You can now sort Customization Items by Paints in the Car Customization and Manage Inventory menus
- Gold Paint: ‘Gold’ has been added as a Painted color attribute, available on select Customization Items
- We have made changes and improvements to how we track and take action against in-game griefing and scoring on your own team (“own-goaling”)
- If you witness any griefing or own-goaling during a match, please use the “Match Throwing/Griefing” report reason
- This will lead to disciplinary action under the “Unsportsmanlike Conduct” ban reason
- When a player is banned, a “Report Feedback” notification is sent to all players who sent in eligible reports for Match Throwing/Griefing
- Similar to the new shot controls in Custom Training, ball controls in Free Play now display at all times in the upper left corner
- Fixed positioning of in-game Voice Chat notifications
- Fixed a focus issue in the Friends List while navigating the Report/Block list
- Fixed a rare bug that allowed spectators into some online matches and would place them on the field
- Fixed a bug with the Credits pop-up after a trade has completed
- Fixed multiple bugs with text appearance on the Scoreboard
- Fixed appearance of the Shark Tooth Decal on Jager 619
- Fixed the Joker Decal on Dominus so it no longer affects Painted trim color
- Fixed appearance of the MG-88 Decal on Endo
- Voice Chat pop-up for first-time users no longer blocks controller input
- Fixed the post-match scoreboard so the MVP player name doesn’t get cut off
- Fixed a bug causing a players Rank to show up as Unranked on the post-match scoreboard
- [Custom Training] The HUD does not update automatically when changing the controls
- [Custom Training] Some shots may not mirror correctly
- [Custom Training] Replay may show car being moved across the field after a shot is mirrored
- Some Boosts may be partially visible to splitscreen players even when it is not being actively used
- Sometimes the lightning animation above a car does not trigger when a player switches teams
- The ‘Boujee’ Animated Decal is off centered on certain Car Bodies
- The ‘Sizzled’ Decal is listed as an ‘Animated’ decal when it is not
- For first time players only, leaving the RL Intro cinematic causes the car and grass in the Main Menu to be hidden until entering the Garage
- Some Blueprint thumbnails may disappear when rapidly switching between tabs
- When being replaced by a real player, bot names may not disappear from the scoreboard
Rocket League Season 7 is out now and adds a new Rocket Pass, Challenges, a new car, new custom training pack updates, and the 7th-anniversary event.