This update also introduces a brand new skirmish map, Vertigo, a Jackal outpost built upon a cliff face. Don’t slip!
As for Project Saint, we have added improvements, such as dynamic scoreboards, to give players a more complete experience when playing matches.
NEW MAP: VERTIGO
Located in a remote region in Northwest Asia, Rogue Company has traced the Jackal strike on Meltdown. Outfitted with a heavy artillery platform called a Capacitor Pulse Array, Rogue Company believes this outpost could threaten much of the world and has mobilized their Rogues to take the facility down and understand its true purpose.
When playing on Vertigo, be cautious of pitfalls and getting caught in the crossfire! The map’s slightly larger footprint, interconnecting paths, and overlapping zip lines create a dynamic and fast-paced map that plays well with our 4v4 skirmish modes like Skirmish Dodgeball and Skirmish TDM.
Additional Note: Depot is back in the dev workshop, receiving a much-needed visual update! We have removed it from our skirmish game modes, giving players more opportunity to play Vertigo. Please look forward to the return of Depot in a future update!
MORE STORE CONTENT
Since our Alpha launch in 2020, Rogue Company has released incredible content, including unforgettable skins like Hellfire Protocol Scorch, the Ultimate Burn Wingsuit, and the classic Finger Guns emote. Many of you who joined us in later seasons have asked, “Will these cosmetics ever be available again?” Well, we have some good news for you!
Is there something missing in your inventory? A fashion for Fixer or an avatar for Anvil? Look no further! With the introduction of this update, limited items from previous Battle Passes will now be available in Store rotations with Rogue skins, weapon skins, avatars, banners, and sprays.
Take advantage of this while you can, and be sure to log in this May for the Rogues Rising update to see what’s available!
Please note: This offering will not include exclusive items such as Season Rewards, Beta Rewards, or Founders Pack items.
In this update, Project Saint initiatives focus on polishing and improving global player experience pieces of our game modes.
PROJECT SAINT: MVP LINEUP
Every match will now showcase the top three performers of a match. The MVP is determined by various general and game mode-specific performance metrics. Did you drop 50 downs? Are you the patron (or matron) Saint of revives, leaving no soldier behind? The immovable object holding down the fort on all King of the Hill points? We hope that this celebration of player skill at the end of every match will make players feel like true Rogues. As always, we look forward to your feedback!
PROJECT SAINT: DYNAMIC MATCH MUSIC
We have revamped our music and added more moments for music to be a core experience of our game! So please give it a listen as you play and let us know what you think.
PROJECT SAINT: DYNAMIC SCORECARDS
As a core component of all of our game modes, we decided to overhaul and improve our scoreboard to reflect better the metrics our players care about on a game-mode-by-game-mode basis. We have a few more improvements, like reworking how Eliminations behave, that will represent player performance. Let us know what you think!
NARRATIVE EVENT: JUKE’S GAMBIT
Since the introduction of Rogue Company, we have been hard at work building the world and everything within it. However, we were aware that we lacked the means to deliver our lore to the community, which our players often requested. So we’ve rolled out bits and hints to the world of Rogue Company and its characters via bios and maps.
With our Narrative Event feature, this will be the first event that allows players to engage with our lore by accomplishing objectives to receive a cosmetic reward and unlock story elements that reveal more about the world, the characters, and potential events. We hope you enjoy our first narrative event, Juke’s Gambit, as we figure out who was impacted by Jackal’s attack on Meltdown.
Coupled with the feedback from the community, we felt it appropriate to close the toughness spectrum. We will continue to watch how our Rogues perform in this new ecosystem.
- Toughness will now scale by 3% increments instead of 5% (Min -3% Max 9%).
- Cash from ability changed from $500 to $0.
Lancer has been performing exceedingly well and has blown past other players’ ability to track her. To address this, we have brought down her Perks and Ability.
- Epic Quick hands replaced with Epic Bounce Back.
- Legendary Evade replaced with Legendary Gunsmith.
- Ability speed changed from 20% to 10%.
- Ability charge time changed from 45 to 55 seconds.
- Replaced Smoke Grenade with APS.
- Replaced Smoke Grenade with Tear Gas Grenade.
- Replaced Rare Berserker with Rare Stalker.
- Added Epic Quick Hands.
- Max Accuracy loss changed from .045 to .055.
- Headshot damage changed from 28 to 32.
- Base falloff changed from 10.5m to 12.5m.
- Headshot damage changed from 38 to 40.
- Bodyshot damage changed from 27 to 30.
- Base Falloff 1 range changed from 16m to 20m.
- Base Falloff 2 range changed from 26m to 30m.
- Level 3 Falloff 1 changed from 20m to 24m.
- Level 3 falloff 2 changed from 30m to 34m.
- Fire rate increased from 2.22 to 2.5.
- Level 3 fire rate changed from 2.5 to 2.67.
- Fire rate increased from 6.06 to 6.33.
- Base Vertical kick min changed from .8 to .75.
- Base Vertical kick max changed from .85 to .8.
- Cleaned up some debug text visible for our Major Danger mythic skin.
- Fixed an issue where players lost an excessive number of ranked points from a loss.
- Fixed an issue where the Evade perk would kick on permanently if it triggered while in the down state.
- Fixed some cases where music either overlapped or didn’t play at all.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game shop was inaccessible if you swapped your primary multiple times in the shop UI.
- Fixed an issue where the gadget icon would pop up in the HUD after throwing it.
- Fixed an issue where the Sledgehammer would grow in size.
- Fixed a collision issue in Wanted where players could get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s second gadget slot would not be visible in the HUD after unlocking it.
- Fixed the Top Bar UI in the players’ HUD where it wasn’t updating round wins for our Wingman game modes.
- Improved Gl1tch’s Hack to be more consistent.
- Fixed an issue where players would get the same contract after rerolling.
- Fixed an issue where downed players could crawl away further than intended while being revived.
- Fixed some scoreboard issues for Battle Zone.
- Fixed an unintended spot in Palace.
- Fixed a boundary issue in Breach.
- Fixed a collision gap in Skyfell.
- Fixed an animation issue while using a zipline with the Demolition bomb.
- A blank screen is visible for spectators while viewing the match’s MVP scene.
- If a player disconnects at the end of the match but before MVP, their stats may appear blank if they are an MVP.
- Self-inflicted damage is currently being counted toward your Damage stat for MVP.
- If you have the Evade perk, the SFX may still play if you are eliminated.
- Currently, the Profile Stat for MVP is pending a fix.
- For the Gunsmith perk, there is a chance that your reserve ammo might read as ‘0,’ this is only a visual bug. Reloading your gun will fix this issue.
- Dodgeball sudden death, when capturing that point, there is a chance where the capture audio fails to play.
- Bots may prioritize revives over all else.
Rogue Company Rogues Rising Update adds a new skirmish map called Vertigo, Project Saint updates, and a bunch of balance changes.
Source – Rogue Company